Top 10 reasons for using steel frames
Steel frame buildings are increasing year on year into the very heart of the construction arena, because of the ever increasing benefits that they offer with a wide range of uses. Whether it is as a straightforward raw components, completed items like steel commercial buildings including schools, offices, shopping centres, warehouses, residential apartment complexes, multiple or single house units. In most construction projects, timber has generally been the material main alternative, so why use steel? Here are 10 benefits using steel frame buildings over timber framed buildings.
- Easy Installation:Our steel frames are accurately manufactured to fit together with precision without using any exceptional fasteners. Unlike timber and steel requires fewer engineers in the whole process as everything is made off site with precision. Timber often requires cutting, retaining, and treating with onsite wastage another disadvantage with using timber.
- Cost effectiveness:The steel frames and components are manufactured off site with precision, means there is no on site waste (with timber you must purchase more cubic volume in manufacturing so that you end up with the required cubic volume.. means you have around 30 to 40% wastage at manufacturing stage ). Fewer employees are required with steel as the whole process is automated, means less workers and lower employment cost whereas timber must be cut and process by hand. Generally steel can be similar in cost to that of steel in its raw form meaning overall steel is more cost effective to produce frame than that of timber
- Safe and resistant:Steel frame buildings are not susceptible to combustion so are not likely to be affected with fire, whereas timber is not flame resistant, steel also is not affected by infestations unlike timber that can be affected by Bugs , rodent, birds, fungi, mold, and water . Steel does not have to be treated with chemicals like timber does, and a steel frame building is well grounded and less probable to be struck by and affected by lightning.
- Superior construction quality:A steel frame building does not age and wear like a wooden structure would over time, so as a homeowner you don’t have to concern about any week spots. Steel is corrosion resistant, it is structurally superior and is not effected by changing weather systems and you can build in any climate or situation.
- Durability:Steel has one of the best size to weight ratios over any building material, Steel will not ever buckle, divide, distort, rotate, rip bend, rot or splinter. All this strength, yet it weighs less than timber used in same volume, producing an easier to handle, proceed round and build with particularly when lifting partitions areas and roofs systems.
- Fast construction time. Steel is precision made and manufactured Off site, therefore this means when it arrives on site it already fits where it’s supposed to, we fit using detailed specific constructional plans means no margin for errors. Benefit is you have a finished building in a faster time, means lower constructional cost and less financial costs implications with timing.
- Clean sites-having all structures manufactured off site means site is a cleaner operation, no water based products are required and there is less wastage , both elements combine to make this build more cost effective, as well as low carbon footprint.
- Precision Buildings. Steel frame buildings are precision and manufactured, and are built using only steel frame qualified engineers and installers.
- Sustainability – steel is the one true sustainable building material, it can be recycled again and again and has low impact on the environment and each site has a low carbon foot print, timber on the other hand involve cutting down trees, which is a detrimental to the environment no matter if re planting.. and not all harvested timber comes from sustainable source.
- More design scope> with steel frames utilized in buildings construction, there is a wider range of designs as steel has stronger size to weight ratio compared to any other building materials making the options available limitless when compared to timber.