Innovation with Glass roof systems either flat or pitched to gain maximum light penetration where required.
Off Set Sliding patio doors giving maximum glass area for interupted views
Pitched smart glass one piece lantern and flat roof options
7 metre wide aluminium 2 piece patio door with ”A ”rated frame and glass
For More information and what we can do for your home please contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
House-builder Barratt Developments is planning further trials of building houses using prefabricated steel frames.
Barratt has been increasingly looking to offsite construction to reduce its reliance on site labour. Approximately 10% of its new homes this year are being built with timber frames but it is now looking beyond this, trialling other ways of building houses more cheaply, including using light gauge steel frames. Barratt aims to produce at least 20% of its new homes using offsite construction methods by 2020.
“We are implementing a number of key initiatives in terms of improving efficiency,” the Barratt board said today. “In addition to building around 1,300 homes during FY17 using timber frames we have completed trials of light gauge steel frames and large format block which give the business additional options with similar benefits as timber frame, ensuring we are future proofing our business. We continue to trial various offsite technologies and innovative products and we are investing in research into smart technologies.”
A 2015 trial project in Southampton saw light gauge steel frames supplied by Fusion Building Systems used in the construction of social housing at Barratt’s Swanbourne Park development in West Sussex. Five men erected nine properties in nine days. Barratt subsequently placed a £3m order with Fusion for a further 160 houses and six apartment blocks across three different sites within its Southampton, Southern Counties and Stratford divisions.
The Barratt efficiency drive has also seen scissors taken to the Barratt and David Wilson housing ranges. “The outcome was a reduction in the number of houses in the range which will increase standardisation, simplify construction and reduce build costs whilst maintaining our high standards of design and quality,” the company said.
For the six months to 31st December 2016 (FY17 H1), Barratt made pre-tax profit of £3231.0m, up nearly 9% compared to the previous year, on revenue up 3.2% to £1816.2m.
Growth was achieved by turning its attention away from the slowing London market to the regions. During the six-month period, completions in London were lower at 367 (2015: 842) in line with the group’s planned build programme, while completions outside of London are at the highest level for nine years at 6,813 (2015: 6,784). Total completions (including JV’s) for the period were 7,180 (2015: 7,626).
Gross margin improved by 2.1 percentage points to 20.7% and operating margin improved by 1.7 percentage points to 17.8%
Chief executive David Thomas said: “With a record forward order book, strong consumer demand and a positive lending backdrop, we remain confident in our outlook for the full year.”
4 Part one direction open in white both sides.
This project below done in 2015 was a full house renovation changing all windows and building 2 x extensions one rear single level and the side 2 levels total area added was 85 m2 all windows where A rated UPVC and sliding and Bi folding doors in aluminium. the roof on rear extension had 2 Smart glass flat roof lights added with insulated upstand to help the overall u value of the structure.
Flat smart glass A rated roof system reflects sunlight and retains internal heat .
2 – 3 part (1200 per leaf) one prime door all open one direction , Chartwell green outside /white inside.
Remodel rear of house in 2015 taking out the old single door and removing brickworks inserting a steel lintel to raise the overall height of the doors
This is how Bi folding doors should open and close…with ease !
for mor information on what we can supply and fit for you please contact us now at email@example.com
This renovation project was started January 2016 and completed April 2016, the project involved completely removing the rear elevation ground floor wall and left side , inserting steel RSJ’s and extending the building footprint 3m longer and 2.5m wider on the garden side, the garden became the “‘outside dining area”” using 44mm triple glazed smart active glass on the roof and double glazed toughened laminate in the vertical frames ..we installed a Beckerman Kitchen and island and added an extra bathroom fully tiled and a walk in closet in the master bedroom, this was a complete make over.
Top 10 reasons for using steel frames
Steel frame buildings are increasing year on year into the very heart of the construction arena, because of the ever increasing benefits that they offer with a wide range of uses. Whether it is as a straightforward raw components, completed items like steel commercial buildings including schools, offices, shopping centres, warehouses, residential apartment complexes, multiple or single house units. In most construction projects, timber has generally been the material main alternative, so why use steel? Here are 10 benefits using steel frame buildings over timber framed buildings.
- Easy Installation:Our steel frames are accurately manufactured to fit together with precision without using any exceptional fasteners. Unlike timber and steel requires fewer engineers in the whole process as everything is made off site with precision. Timber often requires cutting, retaining, and treating with onsite wastage another disadvantage with using timber.
- Cost effectiveness:The steel frames and components are manufactured off site with precision, means there is no on site waste (with timber you must purchase more cubic volume in manufacturing so that you end up with the required cubic volume.. means you have around 30 to 40% wastage at manufacturing stage ). Fewer employees are required with steel as the whole process is automated, means less workers and lower employment cost whereas timber must be cut and process by hand. Generally steel can be similar in cost to that of steel in its raw form meaning overall steel is more cost effective to produce frame than that of timber
- Safe and resistant:Steel frame buildings are not susceptible to combustion so are not likely to be affected with fire, whereas timber is not flame resistant, steel also is not affected by infestations unlike timber that can be affected by Bugs , rodent, birds, fungi, mold, and water . Steel does not have to be treated with chemicals like timber does, and a steel frame building is well grounded and less probable to be struck by and affected by lightning.
- Superior construction quality:A steel frame building does not age and wear like a wooden structure would over time, so as a homeowner you don’t have to concern about any week spots. Steel is corrosion resistant, it is structurally superior and is not effected by changing weather systems and you can build in any climate or situation.
- Durability:Steel has one of the best size to weight ratios over any building material, Steel will not ever buckle, divide, distort, rotate, rip bend, rot or splinter. All this strength, yet it weighs less than timber used in same volume, producing an easier to handle, proceed round and build with particularly when lifting partitions areas and roofs systems.
- Fast construction time. Steel is precision made and manufactured Off site, therefore this means when it arrives on site it already fits where it’s supposed to, we fit using detailed specific constructional plans means no margin for errors. Benefit is you have a finished building in a faster time, means lower constructional cost and less financial costs implications with timing.
- Clean sites-having all structures manufactured off site means site is a cleaner operation, no water based products are required and there is less wastage , both elements combine to make this build more cost effective, as well as low carbon footprint.
- Precision Buildings. Steel frame buildings are precision and manufactured, and are built using only steel frame qualified engineers and installers.
- Sustainability – steel is the one true sustainable building material, it can be recycled again and again and has low impact on the environment and each site has a low carbon foot print, timber on the other hand involve cutting down trees, which is a detrimental to the environment no matter if re planting.. and not all harvested timber comes from sustainable source.
- More design scope> with steel frames utilized in buildings construction, there is a wider range of designs as steel has stronger size to weight ratio compared to any other building materials making the options available limitless when compared to timber.
Green Home Builder UK (GHB-UK) specialize in the design, manufacture( though our partners) and installation of light steel Modular type buildings.. The light gauge steel frames are extremely versatile they can offer extensive scope in design and with massive configuration innovations making this a really super way to build many types of structure.
Our Buildings are built mostly using steel meaning our light gauge frames are made from Galvanised steel which is rolled and processed to order, then cut and pre drilled, before being pre-built into the relevant sections.
Then each section is coded and batched together with a number of similar panels in a batched sequence before the delivery to site. This ensures that all frames can be unloaded and assembled on site with maximum speed and efficiency.
The GHB-UK team is constantly applying and improving innovation to all stages including design manufacture and build stages.
We believe that our expertise in light steel frames construction, combined with our ongoing partnership with VIP BG enables GHB-UK to offer unequalled levels of service, quality and excellent value for money.
You can see below from 3 D visualization of the project first, to the frame layout on site , first floor frames installation, then 2nd floor then roof then building enclosure, the whole process in this project took around 6 weeks, this house will be finished end of january 2017, our buildings are highly efficient to build and own, the sites are very clean with minimal waste and are highly cost effective not just to build but also to run on a yearly basis.